Peroxiredoxin 6 antibody | AB02/4A2
The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the thiol-specific antioxidant protein family. This protein is a bifunctional enzyme with two distinct active sites. It is involved in redox regulation of the cell; it can reduce H(2)O(2) and short chain organic, fatty acid, and phospholipid hydroperoxides. It may play a role in the regulation of phospholipid turnover as well as in protection against oxidative injury (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human peroxiredoxin 6 antibody detects a band of 26 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti peroxiredoxin 6 antibody detects a band of approximately 26 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatograpy on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli-derived recombinant human peroxiredoxin 6 (aa 1-224)
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- P30041 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- PRDX6 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005764 lysosome
- GO:0004623 phospholipase A2 activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0045454 cell redox homeostasis
- GO:0009395 phospholipid catabolic process
- GO:0016023 cytoplasmic membrane-bounded vesicle
- GO:0051920 peroxiredoxin activity
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Peroxiredoxin 6 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.