Peroxiredoxin 5 antibody
The PRDX5 gene encodes a member of the peroxiredoxin family of antioxidant enzymes, which reduce hydrogen peroxide and alkyl hydroperoxides. The encoded protein may play an antioxidant protective role in different tissues under normal conditions and during inflammatory processes. This protein interacts with peroxisome receptor 1. The crystal structure of this protein in its reduced form has been resolved to 1.5 angstrom resolution. PRDX5 uses alternate in-frame translation initiation sites to generate mitochondrial or peroxisomal/cytoplasmic forms. Three transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been identified for PRDX5 (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human peroxiredoxin 5 antibody detects a band of 17 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti peroxiredoxin 5 detects a band of approximately 17 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- HEPES buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- E. coli-derived recombinant human peroxiredoxin 5
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P30044 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- PRDX5 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005739 mitochondrion
- GO:0004601 peroxidase activity
- GO:0005777 peroxisome
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0045454 cell redox homeostasis
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0034614 cellular response to reactive oxygen species
- GO:0043027 caspase inhibitor activity
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0044445 cytosolic part
- GO:0051920 peroxiredoxin activity
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Peroxiredoxin 5 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.