Peroxiredoxin 5 antibody
The PRDX5 gene encodes a member of the peroxiredoxin family of antioxidant enzymes, which reduce hydrogen peroxide and alkyl hydroperoxides. The encoded protein may play an antioxidant protective role in different tissues under normal conditions and during inflammatory processes. This protein interacts with peroxisome receptor 1. The crystal structure of this protein in its reduced form has been resolved to 1.5 angstrom resolution. PRDX5 uses alternate in-frame translation initiation sites to generate mitochondrial or peroxisomal/cytoplasmic forms. Three transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been identified for PRDX5 (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human peroxiredoxin 5 antibody detects a band of 17 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti peroxiredoxin 5 detects a band of approximately 17 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- HEPES buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- E. coli-derived recombinant human peroxiredoxin 5
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005739 mitochondrion
- GO:0004601 peroxidase activity
- GO:0005777 peroxisome
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0045454 cell redox homeostasis
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0034614 cellular response to reactive oxygen species
- GO:0043027 caspase inhibitor activity
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0044445 cytosolic part
- GO:0051920 peroxiredoxin activity
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Peroxiredoxin 5 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra