PDIA3 gene encodes a protein of the endoplasmic reticulum that interacts with lectin chaperones calreticulin and calnexin to modulate folding of newly synthesized glycoproteins. The protein was once thought to be a phospholipase; however, it has been demonstrated that the protein actually has protein disulfide isomerase activity. It is thought that complexes of lectins and this protein mediate protein folding by promoting formation of disulfide bonds in their glycoprotein substrates (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human PDIA3 antibody detects a band of 57 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti PDIA3 detects a band of approximately 57 kDa in HepG2 cell lysate
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant protein of human PDIA3
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P30101 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- PDIA3 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0004197 cysteine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0006457 protein folding
- GO:0003756 protein disulfide isomerase activity
- GO:0006606 protein import into nucleus
- GO:0004629 phospholipase C activity
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005788 endoplasmic reticulum lumen
- GO:0045454 cell redox homeostasis
- GO:0006621 protein retention in ER lumen
- GO:0018279 protein N-linked glycosylation via asparagine
- GO:0042470 melanosome
- GO:0043687 post-translational protein modification
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of PDIA3 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.