p70S6K antibody | 1E12
Mouse anti Human p70S6K antibody, clone 1E12 recognizes human p70S6K, also known as Ribosomal protein S6 kinase beta-1, 70 kDa ribosomal protein S6 kinase 1, Ribosomal protein S6 kinase I, Serine/threonine-protein kinase 14A or p70 ribosomal S6 kinase alpha. p70S6K is a 525 amino acid ~70 kDa Serine/threonine-protein kinase acting to promote cell division and survival through inhibition of pro-apoptotic activity of (BAD).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Recombinant protein corresponding to aa 416 - 526 of human p70S6K encoded by gene RPS6KB1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Ig concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from BALB/c mice were fused with cells from the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P23443 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- RPS6KB1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000082 G1/S transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004672 protein kinase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005741 mitochondrial outer membrane
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0019717 synaptosome
- GO:0048015 phosphatidylinositol-mediated signaling
- GO:0030054 cell junction
- GO:0031929 TOR signaling cascade
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0045202 synapse
- GO:0045931 positive regulation of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0045948 positive regulation of translational initiation
- For research purposes only
Applications of p70S6K antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||0.1||10 ug/ml|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for p70S6K antibody
Bodnar, L. et al. (2015) Clinical usefulness of PI3K/Akt/mTOR genotyping in companion with other clinical variables in metastatic renal cell carcinoma patients treated with everolimus in the second and subsequent lines.
Ann Oncol. 26 (7): 1385-9.