Mouse anti p53
p53 antibody recognizes cellular tumor antigen p53, also known as antigen NY-CO-13, phosphoprotein p53 or tumor suppressor p53. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The p53 protein is important in multicellular organisms, where it regulates cell cycle progression to allow DNA repair or apoptosis in the case of irreparably damaged cells (Haupt et al. 2003) and thus functions as a tumor suppressor, involved in preventing cancer. Mutations in the p53 gene are found in about half the cases of human cancer (Joerger and Fersht 2007).
Mouse anti Human p53 antibody recognizes an epitope at the N-terminal end of p53 between amino acids 20-25, common to isoforms 1-3 of p53 and detects a band of ~53 kDa on HEK293 cell lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti p53 antibody detects a band of approximately 53 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity African green monkey
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human p53
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P04637 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- TP53 Related reagents
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of p53 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.