Osteoprotegerin antibody | E01-10F11
OPG is highly expressed in a wide range of tissues, including adult heart, lung, liver, prostate, ovary and bone marrow. More recently a role for OPG in cardiovascular disease has emerged and it is now clinically relevant biomarker of vascular health (Bierre, 2013).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli derived recombinant protein corresponding to aa 22-201 of human osteoprotegerin
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001501 skeletal system development
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0004872 receptor activity
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- For research purposes only
Applications of Osteoprotegerin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
Emery, J.G. et al. (1998) Osteoprotegerin is a receptor for the cytotoxic ligand TRAIL.
J Biol Chem. 273 (23): 14363-7.
Schoppet, M. et al. (2004) Localization of osteoprotegerin, tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand, and receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB ligand in Mönckeberg's sclerosis and atherosclerosis.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 89 (8): 4104-12.
Bjerre, M. (2013) Osteoprotegerin (OPG) as a biomarker for diabetic cardiovascular complications.
Springerplus. 2: 658.