OCT4 antibody | OTI2B6
The OCT4 gene encodes a transcription factor containing a POU homeodomain. This transcription factor plays a role in embryonic development, especially during early embryogenesis, and it is necessary for embryonic stem cell pluripotency. A translocation of POU5F1 with the Ewing's sarcoma gene, t(6;22)(p21;q12), has been linked to tumor formation. Alternative splicing, as well as usage of alternative translation initiation codons, results in multiple isoforms, one of which initiates at a non-AUG (CUG) start codon. Related pseudogenes have been identified on chromosomes 1, 3, 8, 10, and 12 (provided by RefSeq, Mar 2010).
Mouse anti Human OCT4 antibody detects a band of 45 kDa. The OCT4 antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti OCT4 detects a band of approximately 45 kDa in NTERA-2 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human OCT4 (NP_002692) produced in HEK293T cells
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of OCT4 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra