OCT4 antibody | OTI2B6
Mouse anti OCT4
OCT4 antibody recognizes Pou domain, class 5, transcription factor 1, also known as POU domain transcription factor OCT4, POU domain, class 5, transcription factor 1, POU-type homeodomain-containing DNA-binding protein, or octamer-binding protein 3.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The OCT4 gene encodes a transcription factor containing a POU homeodomain. This transcription factor plays a role in embryonic development, especially during early embryogenesis, and it is necessary for embryonic stem cell pluripotency. A translocation of POU5F1 with the Ewing's sarcoma gene, t(6;22)(p21;q12), has been linked to tumor formation. Alternative splicing, as well as usage of alternative translation initiation codons, results in multiple isoforms, one of which initiates at a non-AUG (CUG) start codon. Related pseudogenes have been identified on chromosomes 1, 3, 8, 10, and 12 (provided by RefSeq, Mar 2010).
Mouse anti Human OCT4 antibody detects a band of 45 kDa. The OCT4 antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti OCT4 detects a band of approximately 45 kDa in NTERA-2 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human OCT4 (NP_002692) produced in HEK293T cells
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q01860 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- POU5F1 Related reagents
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of OCT4 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.