NUB1 antibody | OTI4H2
The NUB1 gene encodes a protein that functions as a negative regulator of NEDD8, a ubiquitin-like protein that conjugates with cullin family members in order to regulate vital biological events. The protein encoded by NUB1 regulates the NEDD8 conjugation system post-transcriptionally by recruiting NEDD8 and its conjugates to the proteasome for degradation. This protein interacts with the product of the AIPL1 gene, which is associated with Leber congenital amaurosis, an inherited retinopathy, and mutations in that gene can abolish interaction with this protein, which may contribute to the pathogenesis. This protein is also known to accumulate in Lewy bodies in Parkinson's disease and dementia with Lewy bodies, and in glial cytoplasmic inclusions in multiple system atrophy, with this abnormal accumulation being specific to alpha-synucleinopathy lesions. Alternative splicing of NUB1 results in multiple transcript variants (provided by RefSeq, Aug 2011).
Mouse anti Human NUB1 antibody detects a band of 78 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti NUB1 detects a band of approximately 78 kDa in Raji cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Recombinant protein fragment corresponding to aa 1-326 of human NUB1 (NP_057202) produced in E.coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q9Y5A7 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- NUB1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0016567 protein ubiquitination
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006511 ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0032436 positive regulation of proteasomal ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0034341 response to interferon-gamma
- GO:0034612 response to tumor necrosis factor
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of NUB1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.