NR1H4 antibody | CD01/3F5
Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Mouse anti Human NR1H4 antibody recognizes NR1H4, also known as RXR-interacting protein 14, FXR, farnesoid X nuclear receptor, farnesol receptor HRR-1 and HRR1.
NR1H4 is a nuclear hormone receptor activated by bile acid and expressed along the length of the gastrointestinal tract (Cariello et al. 2018). NR1H4 is a transcription factor, considered to be a master regulator of synthesis and secretion of bile acid, as well as metabolism of lipids and glucose in the liver and intestine. Furthermore, NR1H4 plays a crucial role in the regulation of inflammatory responses in the intestinal tract, as well as liver inflammation and regeneration. Alterations in NR1H4 play a role in the pathogenicity of gastrointestinal tract diseases including inflammatory bowel disease, colorectal cancer and type II diabetes (Ding et al. 2015). NR1H4 functions as a tumor suppressor and has been suggested as a potential therapeutic target in cancer. As such, synthetic bile acid derivatives have been developed to activate NR1H4 (Erice et al. 2018), and antifibrotic potential has been demonstrated in animal models (Verbeke et al. 2016).
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti NR1H4 detects a band of approximately 52 kDa in HepG2 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - Liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody affinity purified on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- E. coli-derived recombinant protein of amino acids 1-486 of human NR1H4
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0003713 transcription coactivator activity
- GO:0003714 transcription corepressor activity
- GO:0004887 thyroid hormone receptor activity
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0008206 bile acid metabolic process
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0034339 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter by nuclear hormone receptor
- GO:0043565 sequence-specific DNA binding
- View More GO Terms
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up