NQO1 is expressed in a wide range of tissues and is overexpressed in many human tumors including lung, brain, liver, colon and breast. The ability of NQO1 to bioactivate anti-tumor quinones including mitomycin C, diaziquone and deoxynyboquinone has become a focus area for chemotherapeutic studies (Parkinson, E. et al. 2013). Mutations in the NQO1 gene are associated with an increased risk of certain cancers, and an increased risk of leukaemia has been associated with diminished NQO1 activity and the NQO1 *2 allele (Nerbert, D.W. et al. 2002). NQO1 expression is significantly upregulated in hypertrophic astrocytes and myelin-laden macrophages of active and chronic active multiple sclerosis patients (van Horssen et al. 2006).
Mouse anti Human NQO1 antibody recognizes human NQO1 as a single band of ~32 kDa in HeLa cell line lysates under reducing conditions and detects endogenous levels of total NQO1 but does not cross-react with NQO2.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti NQO1 antibody detects a band of approximately 32 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human NQO1
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P15559 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- NQO1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0009055 electron carrier activity
- GO:0003955 NAD(P)H dehydrogenase (quinone) activity
- GO:0004128 cytochrome-b5 reductase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0006521 regulation of cellular amino acid metabolic process
- GO:0006805 xenobiotic metabolic process
- GO:0006809 nitric oxide biosynthetic process
- GO:0007271 synaptic transmission, cholinergic
- GO:0009636 response to toxin
- GO:0050662 coenzyme binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of NQO1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.