NQO1 antibody | A180
NQO1 is expressed in a wide range of tissues and is overexpressed in many human tumors including lung, brain, liver, colon and breast. The ability of NQO1 to bioactivate anti-tumor quinones including mitomycin C, diaziquone and deoxynyboquinone has become a focus area for chemotherapeutic studies (Parkinson, E. et al. 2013). Mutations in the NQO1 gene are associated with an increased risk of certain cancers, and an increased risk of leukaemia has been associated with diminished NQO1 activity and the NQO1 *2 allele (Nerbert, D.W. et al. 2002). NQO1 expression is significantly upregulated in hypertrophic astrocytes and myelin-laden macrophages of active and chronic active multiple sclerosis patients (van Horssen et al. 2006).
Mouse anti Human NQO1 antibody recognizes human NQO1 as a single band of ~32 kDa in HeLa cell line lysates under reducing conditions and detects endogenous levels of total NQO1 but does not cross-react with NQO2.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti NQO1 antibody detects a band of approximately 32 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human NQO1
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0009055 electron carrier activity
- GO:0003955 NAD(P)H dehydrogenase (quinone) activity
- GO:0004128 cytochrome-b5 reductase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0006521 regulation of cellular amino acid metabolic process
- GO:0006805 xenobiotic metabolic process
- GO:0006809 nitric oxide biosynthetic process
- GO:0007271 synaptic transmission, cholinergic
- GO:0009636 response to toxin
- GO:0050662 coenzyme binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of NQO1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra