NFkB p52 antibody | 9D2
The NFKB2 gene encodes one of the subunits of the transcription factor complex nuclear factor-kappa-B (NFkB). The NFkB transcription factor complex is expressed in numerous cell types and functions as a central activator of genes involved in inflammation and immune function. The NFkB complex can consist of different subunits that form both homo- or heterodimers which bind specific kappa-B elements in target genes. NFKB2 encodes the p100 subunit that is processed into the active p52 subunit. This protein can function as both a transcriptional activator and repressor, depending on its dimer partner. Alternate splicing results in both coding and non-coding variants (provided by RefSeq, May 2012).
Mouse anti Human NFkB p52 antibody detects a band of 52 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti NFkB p52 detects a band of approximately 52 kDa in Raji cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- HEPES buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- E. coli-derived recombinant human NFkB p52 (amino acids 1 - 454)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q00653 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- NFKB2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0002755 MyD88-dependent toll-like receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0002756 MyD88-independent toll-like receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0003713 transcription coactivator activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0008063 Toll signaling pathway
- GO:0033257 Bcl3/NF-kappaB2 complex
- GO:0034130 toll-like receptor 1 signaling pathway
- GO:0034134 toll-like receptor 2 signaling pathway
- GO:0034138 toll-like receptor 3 signaling pathway
- GO:0034142 toll-like receptor 4 signaling pathway
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- GO:0051092 positive regulation of NF-kappaB transcription factor activity
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of NFkB p52 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.