Neurofilament antibody | OTI3G2
Mouse anti Neurofilament
Neurofilament antibody recognizes neurofilament light polypeptide, also known as light molecular weight neurofilament protein, neurofilament protein, light chain, neurofilament subunit NF-L, neurofilament triplet L protein, or regulatory subunit 110.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Neurofilaments are type IV intermediate filament heteropolymers composed of light, medium, and heavy chains. Neurofilaments comprise the axoskeleton and they functionally maintain the neuronal caliber. They may also play a role in intracellular transport to axons and dendrites. The NEFL gene encodes the light chain neurofilament protein. Mutations in NEFL cause Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease types 1F (CMT1F) and 2E (CMT2E), disorders of the peripheral nervous system that are characterized by distinct neuropathies. A pseudogene has been identified on chromosome Y (provided by RefSeq, Oct 2008).
Mouse anti Human neurofilament antibody detects a band of 70 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti neurofilament detects a band of approximately 70 kDa in mouse brain cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Recombinant protein fragment corresponding to amino acids 1-360 of human neurofilament (NP_006149) produced in E. coli
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P07196 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- NEFL Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005200 structural constituent of cytoskeleton
- GO:0005883 neurofilament
- GO:0007268 synaptic transmission
- GO:0008022 protein C-terminus binding
- GO:0008089 anterograde axon cargo transport
- GO:0008090 retrograde axon cargo transport
- GO:0042802 identical protein binding
- GO:0019896 axon transport of mitochondrion
- GO:0033693 neurofilament bundle assembly
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Neurofilament antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.