NDUFS2 antibody | OTI2G2
Encoded by the NDUFS2 gene, NADH dehydrogenase [ubiquinone] iron-sulfur protein 2, mitochondrial is a core subunit of the mitochondrial membrane respiratory chain NADH dehydrogenase (complex I). Mammalian mitochondrial complex I is composed of at least 43 different subunits, 7 of which are encoded by the mitochondrial genome, and the rest are the products of nuclear genes. The iron-sulfur protein fraction of complex I is made up of 7 subunits, including NDUFS2 product. Complex I catalyzes the NADH oxidation with concomitant ubiquinone reduction and proton ejection out of the mitochondria. Mutations in NDUFS2 gene are associated with mitochondrial complex I deficiency. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for NDUFS2 (provided by RefSeq, Oct 2009).
Mouse anti Human NDUFS2 antibody detects a band of 49 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti NDUFS2 detects a band of approximately 49 kDa in Raji cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 205-463 of human NDUFS2 (NP_004541) produced in E. coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0009055 electron carrier activity
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005747 mitochondrial respiratory chain complex I
- GO:0006120 mitochondrial electron transport, NADH to ubiquinone
- GO:0006810 transport
- GO:0006979 response to oxidative stress
- GO:0008137 NADH dehydrogenase (ubiquinone) activity
- GO:0048038 quinone binding
- GO:0051287 NAD binding
- GO:0051539 4 iron, 4 sulfur cluster binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of NDUFS2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra