NBS1 antibody | AB02/3A3
Mutations in the NBS1 gene are associated with Nijmegen breakage syndrome, an autosomal recessive chromosomal instability syndrome characterized by microcephaly, growth retardation, immunodeficiency, and cancer predisposition. The encoded protein is a member of the MRE11/RAD50 double-strand break repair complex which consists of 5 proteins. NBS1 is thought to be involved in DNA double-strand break repair and DNA damage-induced checkpoint activation (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008)
Mouse anti Human NBS1 antibody detects a band of 95 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti NBS1 detects a band of approximately 95 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli-derived recombinant human NBS1 (amino acids 461 - 754)
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- O60934 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- NBN Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000723 telomere maintenance
- GO:0000724 double-strand break repair via homologous recombination
- GO:0000784 nuclear chromosome, telomeric region
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0007095 mitotic cell cycle G2/M transition DNA damage checkpoint
- GO:0007126 meiosis
- GO:0008134 transcription factor binding
- GO:0030174 regulation of DNA-dependent DNA replication initiation
- GO:0030330 DNA damage response, signal transduction by p53 class mediator
- GO:0030870 Mre11 complex
- GO:0031575 mitotic cell cycle G1/S transition checkpoint
- GO:0031954 positive regulation of protein autophosphorylation
- GO:0032508 DNA duplex unwinding
- GO:0033674 positive regulation of kinase activity
- GO:0042405 nuclear inclusion body
- GO:0047485 protein N-terminus binding
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of NBS1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.