N-Cadherin antibody | OTI2G7
Mouse anti N-Cadherin
N-Cadherin antibody recognizes N-cadherin-2, also known as N-cadherin 1, cadherin 2, calcium-dependent adhesion protein neuronal or neural cadherin.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
N-cadherin is a classical cadherin from the cadherin superfamily. The encoded protein is a calcium dependent cell-cell adhesion glycoprotein comprised of five extracellular cadherin repeats, a transmembrane region and a highly conserved cytoplasmic tail. The protein functions during gastrulation and is required for establishment of left-right asymmetry. At certain central nervous system synapses, presynaptic to postsynaptic adhesion is mediated at least in part by CDH2 product (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human N-cadherin antibody detects a band of 140 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti N-cadherin antibody detects a band of approximately 140 kDa in C6 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatograpy on Protein A from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- HEK293-derived full length recombinant human N-cadherin
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- P19022 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CDH2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0008013 beta-catenin binding
- GO:0016342 catenin complex
- GO:0034329 cell junction assembly
- GO:0034332 adherens junction organization
- GO:0042692 muscle cell differentiation
- GO:0045294 alpha-catenin binding
- GO:0045295 gamma-catenin binding
- GO:0051149 positive regulation of muscle cell differentiation
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of N-Cadherin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.