Myoglobin antibody | 4E2
Mouse anti Human Myoglobin (Cardiac) antibody, clone 4E2 recognizes human cardiac myoglobin, a single-chain globular 17kDa protein containing a heme prosthetic group. It is responsible for the storage and movement of oxygen in muscle tissue. Myoglobin is released from injured muscle tissue, thus making it a sensitive marker for all muscle injury. It is commonly used in combination with troponin as a marker for myocardial damage in heart attacks. It is filtered by the kidneys, but is a potential cause of renal failure as it is toxic to the renal tubular epithelium.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Human cardiac myoglobin.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c were fused with cells of the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P02144 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- MB Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005344 oxygen transporter activity
- GO:0020037 heme binding
- For research purposes only
Applications of Myoglobin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)