Mouse anti MSH6
MSH6 antibody recognizes the DNA mismatch repair protein MSH6, also known as G/T mismatch-binding protein or mutS-alpha 160 kDa subunit. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The MSH6 gene encodes a member of the DNA mismatch repair MutS family. In E. coli, the MutS protein helps in the recognition of mismatched nucleotides prior to their repair. A highly conserved region of approximately 150 aa, called the Walker-A adenine nucleotide binding motif, exists in MutS homologs. The encoded protein heterodimerizes with MSH2 to form a mismatch recognition complex that functions as a bidirectional molecular switch that exchanges ADP and ATP as DNA mismatches are bound and dissociated. Mutations in MSH6 may be associated with hereditary nonpolyposis colon cancer, colorectal cancer, and endometrial cancer. Transcripts variants encoding different isoforms have been described. (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2013).
Mouse anti Human MSH6 antibody detects a band of 160 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti MSH6 detects a band of approximately 160 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human MSH6 expressed in E. coli
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P52701 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- MSH6 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000710 meiotic mismatch repair
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0007131 reciprocal meiotic recombination
- GO:0008094 DNA-dependent ATPase activity
- GO:0008340 determination of adult lifespan
- GO:0008630 DNA damage response, signal transduction resulting in induction of apoptosis
- GO:0009411 response to UV
- GO:0016446 somatic hypermutation of immunoglobulin genes
- GO:0032301 MutSalpha complex
- GO:0045190 isotype switching
- GO:0045910 negative regulation of DNA recombination
- GO:0051096 positive regulation of helicase activity
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of MSH6 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.