This locus is frequently mutated in hereditary nonpolyposis colon cancer (HNPCC). When cloned, it was discovered to be a human homolog of the E. coli mismatch repair gene mutS, consistent with the characteristic alterations in microsatellite sequences (RER+ phenotype) found in HNPCC. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for MSH2 (provided by RefSeq, Apr 2012).
Mouse anti Human MSH2 antibody detects a band of 105 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti MSH2 detects a band of approximately 105 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human MSH2 expressed in E. coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P43246 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- MSH2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000228 nuclear chromosome
- GO:0000403 Y-form DNA binding
- GO:0000404 loop DNA binding
- GO:0000406 double-strand/single-strand DNA junction binding
- GO:0000710 meiotic mismatch repair
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0006301 postreplication repair
- GO:0006302 double-strand break repair
- GO:0006311 meiotic gene conversion
- GO:0008022 protein C-terminus binding
- GO:0008094 DNA-dependent ATPase activity
- GO:0008584 male gonad development
- GO:0010165 response to X-ray
- GO:0010224 response to UV-B
- GO:0016446 somatic hypermutation of immunoglobulin genes
- GO:0019901 protein kinase binding
- GO:0030183 B cell differentiation
- GO:0031573 intra-S DNA damage checkpoint
- GO:0032137 guanine/thymine mispair binding
- GO:0032301 MutSalpha complex
- GO:0032302 MutSbeta complex
- GO:0042771 DNA damage response, signal transduction by p53 class mediator resulting in induction of apoptosis
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0043524 negative regulation of neuron apoptosis
- GO:0043570 maintenance of DNA repeat elements
- GO:0045128 negative regulation of reciprocal meiotic recombination
- GO:0045190 isotype switching
- GO:0051096 positive regulation of helicase activity
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of MSH2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.