MMP-9 antibody | 4A3
Mouse anti Human MMP-9 Activated
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Human MMP-9 Activated antibody, clone 4A3 recognizes the active form of human matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9). The MMP’s are zinc-dependent endopeptidases responsible for degrading the extracellular matrix. They are also involved in cell proliferation, migration, differentiation and apoptosis. Most MMP’s are synthesised as inactive zymogens and a propeptide region must be cleaved off before the enzyme becomes active. Their expression is increased dramatically in a variety of cancer types, where it indicates invasive disease and a poor prognosis. MMP-9 is a gelatinase, cleaving type IV collagen and gelatin. The gelatinases have an additional gelatin-binding domain inserted in the catalytic domain. MMP-9, alongside other MMPs, plays a role in normal tissue remodeling such as embryonic development, ovulation, mammary gland involution and wound healing. It is important in the early stages of tumor invasion as it degrades the type IV collagen in the basement membrane.
Mouse anti Human MMP-9 Activated antibody, clone 4A3 recognizes only the active form of MMP-9. It does not react with the MMP-9 proenzyme or the active or proenzyme forms of MMP-2.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Pack Size: 0.2 mg0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)Pack Size: 0.1 mg<0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Ovalbumin conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within the N-terminus of human MMP-9.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the Ag8563 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin||1/25||1/100|
- This product does not require protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections. This product does not require antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Esophageal adenocarcinoma
- Western Blotting
- MCA2736 detects a band of approximately 63kDa.
References for MMP-9 antibody
Duncan, M.E. et al. (1998) Human matrix metalloproteinase-9: activation by limited trypsin treatment and generation of monoclonal antibodies specific for the activated form.
Eur J Biochem. 258 (1): 37-43.
Šelemetjev S et al. (2016) Coexpressed High Levels of VEGF-C and Active MMP-9 Are Associated With Lymphatic Spreading and Local Invasiveness of Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma.
Am J Clin Pathol. Nov 2. pii: aqw184. [Epub ahead of print]
Dede, E. et al. (2021) The effects of exercise training on cardiac matrix metalloproteinases activity and cardiac function in mice with diabetic cardiomyopathy
Biochem Biophys Res Comm. 09 Nov [Epub ahead of print].
- Gelatinase B
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004222 metalloendopeptidase activity
- GO:0005518 collagen binding
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0030225 macrophage differentiation
- GO:0030574 collagen catabolic process
- GO:0051549 positive regulation of keratinocyte migration
- View More GO Terms
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up