MMP-9 antibody | 4A3
Mouse anti Human MMP-9 Activated antibody, clone 4A3 recognizes only the active form of MMP-9. It does not react with the MMP-9 proenzyme or the active or proenzyme forms of MMP-2.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Ovalbumin conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within the N-terminus of human MMP-9.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the Ag8563 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004222 metalloendopeptidase activity
- GO:0005518 collagen binding
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0030225 macrophage differentiation
- GO:0030574 collagen catabolic process
- GO:0051549 positive regulation of keratinocyte migration
- For research purposes only
Applications of MMP-9 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin||1/25||1/100|
- This product does not require protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections. This product does not require antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Esophageal adenocarcinoma
- Western Blotting
- MCA2736 detects a band of approximately 63kDa.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for MMP-9 antibody
Duncan, M.E. et al. (1998) Human matrix metalloproteinase-9: activation by limited trypsin treatment and generation of monoclonal antibodies specific for the activated form.
Eur J Biochem. 258 (1): 37-43.
Šelemetjev S et al. (2016) Coexpressed High Levels of VEGF-C and Active MMP-9 Are Associated With Lymphatic Spreading and Local Invasiveness of Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma.
Am J Clin Pathol. Nov 2. pii: aqw184. [Epub ahead of print]
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra