MMP-3 antibody | 1B4
Filter by Application:P Reset
|Mouse anti Human MMP-3 antibody, clone 1B4 recognizes human matrix metalloproteinase 3, also known as MMP-3, stromelysin-1 or transin-1. MMP-3 in its pro-form is a 477 amino acid ~54kDa zinc dependent endopeptidase processed to a 378 amino acid, ~45 kDa peptide in the mature form containing 4 hemopexin-like repeats.
MMPs are also involved in cell proliferation, migration, differentiation and apoptosis (Jana et al. 2012). Most MMP’s are synthesised as inactive zymogens and a propeptide region must be cleaved off before the enzyme becomes active. Their expression is increased dramatically in a variety of cancer types, where it indicates invasive disease and a poor prognosis (Holmberg et al. 2013). MMP-3 can degrade proteoglycan, fibronectin, laminin, and type IV collagen, but not interstitial type I collagen (Wilhelm et al. 1993). It can activate other MMP’s and may be involved in the repair processes of the heart after myocardial infarction (Wang et al. 2011).
Mouse anti human MMP-3 antibody, clone 1B4 has been used successfully for the identification of MMP-3 in gastric cancer by both Western blotting and immunohistochemistry (Murray et al. 1998)
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Ovalbumin conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within the C-terminus of human MMP-3.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the Ag8563 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Gastric carinoma
- Western Blotting
- MCA2734GA detects a band of approximately 50kDa in cell lysates.
References for MMP-3 antibody
Murray, G.I. et al. (1998) Matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in gastric cancer.
Gut. 43 (6): 791-7.
Lyall, M.S. et al. (2006) Profiling markers of prognosis in colorectal cancer.
Clin Cancer Res. 12 (4): 1184-91.
Juica, N.E. et al. (2017) Neisseria gonorrhoeae Challenge Increases Matrix Metalloproteinase-8 Expression in Fallopian Tube Explants.
Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 7: 399.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0004222 metalloendopeptidase activity
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0030574 collagen catabolic process
- GO:0043231 intracellular membrane-bounded organelle
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up