MMP-3 antibody | 1B4
MMPs are also involved in cell proliferation, migration, differentiation and apoptosis (Jana et al. 2012). Most MMP’s are synthesised as inactive zymogens and a propeptide region must be cleaved off before the enzyme becomes active. Their expression is increased dramatically in a variety of cancer types, where it indicates invasive disease and a poor prognosis (Holmberg et al. 2013). MMP-3 can degrade proteoglycan, fibronectin, laminin, and type IV collagen, but not interstitial type I collagen (Wilhelm et al. 1993). It can activate other MMP’s and may be involved in the repair processes of the heart after myocardial infarction (Wang et al. 2011).
Mouse anti human MMP-3 antibody, clone 1B4 has been used successfully for the identification of MMP-3 in gastric cancer by both Western blotting and immunohistochemistry (Murray et al. 1998)
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Ovalbumin conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within the C-terminus of human MMP-3.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the Ag8563 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P08254 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- MMP3 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0004222 metalloendopeptidase activity
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0030574 collagen catabolic process
- GO:0043231 intracellular membrane-bounded organelle
- For research purposes only
Applications of MMP-3 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Gastric carinoma
- Western Blotting
- MCA2734GA detects a band of approximately 50kDa in cell lysates.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for MMP-3 antibody
Murray, G.I. et al. (1998) Matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in gastric cancer.
Gut. 43 (6): 791-7.
Lyall, M.S. et al. (2006) Profiling markers of prognosis in colorectal cancer.
Clin Cancer Res. 12 (4): 1184-91.
Juica, N.E. et al. (2017) Neisseria gonorrhoeae Challenge Increases Matrix Metalloproteinase-8 Expression in Fallopian Tube Explants.
Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 7: 399.