MLH1 antibody | UMAB191
MLH1 was identified as a locus frequently mutated in hereditary nonpolyposis colon cancer (HNPCC). It is a human homolog of the E. coli DNA mismatch repair gene mutL, consistent with the characteristic alterations in microsatellite sequences (RER+phenotype) found in HNPCC. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms. Additional transcript variants have been described, but their full-length natures have not been determined (provided by RefSeq, Nov 2009).
Mouse anti Human MLH1 antibody detects a band of 85 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti MLH1 detects a band of approximately 85 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Recombinant protein fragment corresponding to aa 299-527 of human MLH1 (NP_000240) produced in E.coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P40692 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- MLH1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000795 synaptonemal complex
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005712 chiasma
- GO:0006298 mismatch repair
- GO:0016887 ATPase activity
- GO:0016446 somatic hypermutation of immunoglobulin genes
- GO:0032389 MutLalpha complex
- GO:0032390 MutLbeta complex
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of MLH1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.