MIF antibody | 2A10-4D3
Mouse anti Human MIF antibody, clone 2A10-4D3 has been utilized successfully for the micro immunoaffinity isolation of human MIF from human serum for subsequent mass spectormetric immunoassay (Sherma 2014).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Recombinant protein with a GST tag corresponding to amino acids 1 - 116 of human MIF.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from BALB/c mice were fused with cells from the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001516 prostaglandin biosynthetic process
- GO:0004167 dopachrome isomerase activity
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005126 cytokine receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0007166 cell surface receptor linked signaling pathway
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0009986 cell surface
- GO:0010629 negative regulation of gene expression
- GO:0010739 positive regulation of protein kinase A signaling cascade
- GO:0030890 positive regulation of B cell proliferation
- GO:0033138 positive regulation of peptidyl-serine phosphorylation
- GO:0042056 chemoattractant activity
- GO:0043030 regulation of macrophage activation
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0043498 cell surface binding
- GO:0043518 negative regulation of DNA damage response, signal transduction by p53 class mediator
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- GO:0048146 positive regulation of fibroblast proliferation
- GO:0050178 phenylpyruvate tautomerase activity
- GO:0050715 positive regulation of cytokine secretion
- GO:0050731 positive regulation of peptidyl-tyrosine phosphorylation
- GO:0070207 protein homotrimerization
- GO:0070374 positive regulation of ERK1 and ERK2 cascade
- GO:0071157 negative regulation of cell cycle arrest
- For research purposes only
Applications of MIF antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||0.1||10 ug/ml|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for MIF antibody
Sherma, N.D. et al. (2014) Mass Spectrometric Immunoassay for the qualitative and quantitative analysis of the cytokine Macrophage Migration Inhibitory Factor (MIF).
Proteome Sci. 12 (1): 52.