MGMT antibody | UMAB56
Mouse anti MGMT
Mouse anti human MGMT antibody recognizes methylated-DNA-protein-cysteine methyltransferase, also known as 6-O-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase, or methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Alkylating agents are potent carcinogens that can result in cell death, mutation and cancer. The protein encoded by the MGMT gene is a DNA repair protein that is involved in cellular defense against mutagenesis and toxicity from alkylating agents. The protein catalyzes transfer of methyl groups from O(6)-alkylguanine and other methylated moieties of the DNA to its own molecule, which repairs the toxic lesions. Methylation of the promoter has been associated with several cancer types, including colorectal cancer, lung cancer, lymphoma and glioblastoma (provided by RefSeq, Sep 2015).
Mouse anti Human MGMT antibody detects a band of 23 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti MGMT detects a band of approximately 23 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human MGMT (NP_002403) produced in E.coli
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P16455 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- MGMT Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0003908 methylated-DNA-[protein]-cysteine S-methyltransferase activity
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006266 DNA ligation
- GO:0009008 DNA-methyltransferase activity
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of MGMT antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.