MELAN-A antibody | M2-7C10
MELAN-A is expressed by a large proportion of melanoma tumors, both melanotic and amelanotic and by melanoma cell lines.
MELAN-A/MART-1 is not expressed by non-melanoma malignancies.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.1% Sodium Azide 1.0% Bovine Serum Albumin
- MELAN-A fusion protein.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- Guaranteed for 12 months from the date of despatch or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005789 endoplasmic reticulum membrane
- GO:0005802 trans-Golgi network
- GO:0042470 melanosome
- For research purposes only
Applications of MELAN-A antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/40|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. STUF MARK2 (UNIVERSAL) BUF025A/B is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for MELAN-A antibody
Marincola, F.M. et al. (1996) Analysis of expression of the melanoma-associated antigens MART-1 and gp100 in metastatic melanoma cell lines and in in situ lesions.
J Immunother Emphasis Tumor Immunol. 19 (3): 192-205.
Fetsch, P.A. et al. (2001) Melanoma antigen expression in serial fine-needle aspiration samples in patients with metastatic malignant melanoma participating in immunotherapy clinical trials: a preliminary look.
Cancer. 93 (6): 409-14.
Win, S.J. et al. (2011) Cross-presentation of epitopes on virus-like particles via the MHC I receptor recycling pathway.
Immunol Cell Biol. 89: 681-8.
Win, S.J. et al. (2012) Enhancing the immunogenicity of tumour lysate-loaded dendritic cell vaccines by conjugation to virus-like particles.
Br J Cancer. 106 (1): 92-8.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra