MBP (pThr98) antibody | 98P/12
Mouse anti MBP (pThr98) antibody, clone 98P/12 recognizes myelin basic protein (MBP), also known as myelin A1 protein and myelin membrane encephalitogenic protein, when phosphorylated at threonine 98. The numbering of the threonine residue refers to UniProt entry : P02686-5. Myelin basic protein Isoform 5, a truncated form of MBP lacking the N-terminal residues. The equivalent threonine in the canonical isoform 1 is thr232.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Synthetic peptide from human myelin basic protein sequence, phosphorylated on threonine 98 with the sequence FFKNIVTPR(pT)PPPSQGK.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P02686 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- MBP Related reagents
- For research purposes only
Applications of MBP (pThr98) antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Western Blotting 1|
- 1For the detection of phosphoproteins, threonine phosphatase inhibitors such as 10mM Sodium Fluoride should be added to the sample buffer. Milk or other casein-based blocking solutions are not recommended as casein is a phosphoprotein and its use can result in high background.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for MBP (pThr98) antibody
Yon, M. et al. (1995) Preparation of a novel monoclonal antibody specific for myelin basic protein phosphorylated on Thr98.
J Neuroimmunol. 58 (2): 121-9.
Yon, M. et al. (1996) Identification of a mitogen-activated protein kinase site in human myelin basic protein in situ.
J Neuroimmunol. 65 (1): 55-9.
DeBruin, L.S. et al. (2005) Developmental partitioning of myelin basic protein into membrane microdomains.
J Neurosci Res. 80: 211-25.
DeBruin, L.S. et al. (2006) Partitioning of myelin basic protein into membrane microdomains in a spontaneously demyelinating mouse model for multiple sclerosis.
Biochem Cell Biol. 84: 993-1005.
Boggs, J.M. and Wang, H. (2004) Co-clustering of galactosylceramide and membrane proteins in oligodendrocyte membranes on interaction with polyvalent carbohydrate and prevention by an intact cytoskeleton.
J Neurosci Res. 76: 342-55.