Mouse anti MBP antibody, clone V/h5 recognizes an epitope toward the N-terminal region of myelin basic protein reacting with an epitope between amino acids 45 and 91. Myelin basic protein is a major component of the myelin membrane which in turn forms a multi layered insulating sheath round oligodendrocytes and Schwann cells in the nervous system, acting to increase the efficiency of signal transduction.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- N-terminal fragment of human MBP (residues 1-118) produced by BNPS-skatole cleavage of pure human MBP, injected coupled to BSA using carbodiimide.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody.
Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of MBP antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for MBP antibody
Elfman, L. et al. (1986) Rat and mouse monoclonal antibodies to human myelin basic protein.
J Neurochem. 46 (2): 509-15.