MBP antibody | V/h5
Mouse anti MBP antibody, clone V/h5 recognizes an epitope toward the N-terminal region of myelin basic protein reacting with an epitope between amino acids 45 and 91. Myelin basic protein is a major component of the myelin membrane which in turn forms a multi layered insulating sheath round oligodendrocytes and Schwann cells in the nervous system, acting to increase the efficiency of signal transduction.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rabbit Guinea Pig Sheep Bovine
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- N-terminal fragment of human MBP (residues 1-118) produced by BNPS-skatole cleavage of pure human MBP, injected coupled to BSA using carbodiimide.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody.
Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P02686 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- MBP Related reagents
- For research purposes only
Applications of MBP antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for MBP antibody
Elfman, L. et al. (1986) Rat and mouse monoclonal antibodies to human myelin basic protein.
J Neurochem. 46 (2): 509-15.