MAPK8/JNK1 (pThr183/pTyr185) antibody | D04/7G6
Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Mouse anti Human MAPK8/JNK1 (pThr183/pTyr185) antibody recognizes mitogen-activated protein kinase 8, also known as JUN N-terminal kinase, c-Jun N-terminal kinase 1, mitogen-activated protein kinase 8 isoform JNK1 alpha1, mitogen-activated protein kinase 8 isoform JNK1 beta 2 and stress-activated protein kinase 1c, when phosphorylated at threonine 183 and tyrosine 187.
Encoded by the MAPK8/JNK1 gene, mitogen-activated protein kinase 8 is a member of the MAP kinase family. MAP kinases act as an integration point for multiple biochemical signals, and are involved in a wide variety of cellular processes such as proliferation, differentiation, transcription regulation and development. This kinase is activated by various cell stimuli, and targets specific transcription factors, and thus mediates immediate-early gene expression in response to cell stimuli. The activation of this kinase by tumor-necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) is found to be required for TNF-alpha induced apoptosis. This kinase is also involved in UV radiation induced apoptosis, which is thought to be related to cytochrome c-mediated cell death pathway. The mouse counterpart of MAPK8 suggests that this kinase plays a key role in T cell proliferation, apoptosis and differentiation (provided by RefSeq, Jun 2013). Activation of MAPK8/JNK1 requires phosphorylation at threonine 183 and tyrosine 185 (Zheng et al. 1999).
Mouse anti Human MAPK8/JNK1 (pThr183/pTyr185) antibody detects a band of 44/52 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti MAPK8/JNK1 (pThr183/pTyr185) detects bands of approximately 44 & 52 kDa in UV-treated HEK293 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - Liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody affinity purified on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to the phosphorylated sites
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Sehgal, V. & Ram, P.T. (2013) Network Motifs in JNK Signaling.
Genes Cancer. 4 (9-10): 409-13.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0002755 MyD88-dependent toll-like receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0002756 MyD88-independent toll-like receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004705 JUN kinase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0008063 Toll signaling pathway
- GO:0008629 induction of apoptosis by intracellular signals
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0008633 activation of pro-apoptotic gene products
- GO:0009411 response to UV
- GO:0034130 toll-like receptor 1 signaling pathway
- GO:0034134 toll-like receptor 2 signaling pathway
- GO:0034138 toll-like receptor 3 signaling pathway
- GO:0034142 toll-like receptor 4 signaling pathway
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- GO:0048011 nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0051090 regulation of transcription factor activity
- GO:0051403 stress-activated MAPK cascade
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up