MAPK8 / JNK1 antibody
Encoded by the MAPK8 / JNK1 gene, mitogen-activated protein kinase 8 is a member of the MAP kinase family. MAP kinases act as an integration point for multiple biochemical signals, and are involved in a wide variety of cellular processes such as proliferation, differentiation, transcription regulation and development. This kinase is activated by various cell stimuli, and targets specific transcription factors, and thus mediates immediate-early gene expression in response to cell stimuli. The activation of this kinase by tumor-necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) is found to be required for TNF-alpha induced apoptosis. This kinase is also involved in UV radiation induced apoptosis, which is thought to be related to cytochrome c-mediated cell death pathway. Studies of the mouse counterpart of MAPK8 suggested that this kinase play a key role in T cell proliferation, apoptosis and differentiation. Five alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been reported (provided by RefSeq, Jun 2013).
Mouse anti Human MAPK8 / JNK1 antibody detects a band of 44/52 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti MAPK8 / JNK1 detects a band of approximately 44/52 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E.coli-derived recombinant protein corresponding to aa 1-427 of human MAPK8 / JNK1
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0002755 MyD88-dependent toll-like receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0002756 MyD88-independent toll-like receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004705 JUN kinase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0008063 Toll signaling pathway
- GO:0008629 induction of apoptosis by intracellular signals
- GO:0008633 activation of pro-apoptotic gene products
- GO:0009411 response to UV
- GO:0034130 toll-like receptor 1 signaling pathway
- GO:0034134 toll-like receptor 2 signaling pathway
- GO:0034138 toll-like receptor 3 signaling pathway
- GO:0034142 toll-like receptor 4 signaling pathway
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- GO:0048011 nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0051090 regulation of transcription factor activity
- GO:0051403 stress-activated MAPK cascade
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of MAPK8 / JNK1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra