Encoded by the MAPK14 gene, mitogen-activated protein kinase 14 is a member of the MAP kinase family. MAP kinases act as an integration point for multiple biochemical signals, and are involved in a wide variety of cellular processes such as proliferation, differentiation, transcription regulation and development. This kinase is activated by various environmental stresses and proinflammatory cytokines. The activation requires its phosphorylation by MAP kinase kinases (MKKs), or its autophosphorylation triggered by the interaction of MAP3K7IP1/TAB1 protein with this kinase. The substrates of this kinase include transcription regulator ATF2, MEF2C, and MAX, cell cycle regulator CDC25B, and tumor suppressor p53, which suggest the roles of this kinase in stress related transcription and cell cycle regulation, as well as in genotoxic stress response. Four alternatively spliced transcript variants of MAPK14 encoding distinct isoforms have been reported (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human Mitogen-activated protein kinase 14 antibody detects a band of 41 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti MAPK14 detects a band of approximately 41 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human MAPK14
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q16539 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- MAPK14 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000187 activation of MAPK activity
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0002755 MyD88-dependent toll-like receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0002756 MyD88-independent toll-like receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004707 MAP kinase activity
- GO:0004708 MAP kinase kinase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006928 cellular component movement
- GO:0006935 chemotaxis
- GO:0007265 Ras protein signal transduction
- GO:0008063 Toll signaling pathway
- GO:0010670 positive regulation of oxygen and reactive oxygen species metabolic process
- GO:0016071 mRNA metabolic process
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0034130 toll-like receptor 1 signaling pathway
- GO:0034134 toll-like receptor 2 signaling pathway
- GO:0034138 toll-like receptor 3 signaling pathway
- GO:0034142 toll-like receptor 4 signaling pathway
- GO:0042692 muscle cell differentiation
- GO:0042770 signal transduction in response to DNA damage
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- GO:0048011 nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0051090 regulation of transcription factor activity
- GO:0051149 positive regulation of muscle cell differentiation
- GO:0051403 stress-activated MAPK cascade
- GO:0071479 cellular response to ionizing radiation
- GO:0090400 stress-induced premature senescence
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of MAPK14 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.