MALT1 was initially identified as a recurrent translocation t(11;18)(q21:q21) in mucosal-associated lymphomas (Horsman et al. 1992), which creates a functional fusion oncoprotein consisting of MALT1 and apoptosis inhibitor API2 (Dierlamm et al. 1999). Studies suggest that overexpression of MALT1, or expression of the API2-MALT1 fusion protein, leads to the uncontrolled activation of NF-kappaB which is stimulus-independent (Zhou et al. 2005). Mouse anti Human MALT1 recognizes both MALT1 and the MALT1-API2 fusion protein (Rosebeck et al.2011, Murga Penas et al. 2007). The MALT1-API2 oncoprotein plays a role in non-canonical activation of NF-κb through NIK cleavage.
Mouse anti Human MALT1 antibody recognizes human MALT1 as a single band of ~92 kDa in multiple human cell line lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti MALT1 antibody detects a band of approximately 92 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 701-808 located within the C-terminus of human MALT1
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q9UDY8 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- MALT1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0004197 cysteine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0002726 positive regulation of T cell cytokine production
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004842 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0007250 activation of NF-kappaB-inducing kinase activity
- GO:0032449 CBM complex
- GO:0032743 positive regulation of interleukin-2 production
- GO:0043123 positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- GO:0043621 protein self-association
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0050852 T cell receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0050870 positive regulation of T cell activation
- GO:0051168 nuclear export
- GO:0051259 protein oligomerization
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of MALT1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.