MAD2 antibody | G01/1A11
Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Mouse anti Human MAD2 antibody recognizes MAD2, also known as mitotic arrest deficient 2-like protein 1 (MAD2L1) or mitotic spindle assembly checkpoint protein MAD2A.
MAD2 is a ubiquitously-expressed protein which plays an essential role in the cell cycle, monitoring correct chromosomal alignment at the metaphase plate before mitosis. MAD2 is often overexpressed in tumors and associated with increased risk of all-cause mortality and cancer recurrence. Functionally, due to its role in the cell cycle, MAD2 may be important for driving the chromosome instability that initiates tumorigenesis. Beyond the spindle assembly checkpoint, MAD2 interacts with various proteins including insulin receptor, estrogen receptor beta, and tumor necrosis factor alpha convertase (Marks et al. 2017).
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti MAD2 antibody detects a band of approximately 23 kDa in K562 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- E. coli-derived recombinant human MAD2 (aa 1-205)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml.
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000236 mitotic prometaphase
- GO:0000777 condensed chromosome kinetochore
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0007094 mitotic cell cycle spindle assembly checkpoint
- GO:0031145 anaphase-promoting complex-dependent proteasomal ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0051301 cell division
- GO:0060564 negative regulation of mitotic anaphase-promoting complex activity
- GO:0090267 positive regulation of mitotic cell cycle spindle assembly checkpoint
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up