Lyn antibody | LYN01
The interaction between lyn and syk, is crucial for regulating the response of both mast cells and basophils, following Fc epsilon R1 receptor aggregation and activation. Once activated, the rapid tyrosine phosphorylation of ITAMs by lyn, serves as a binding site for the recruitment and activation of syk, triggering the phosphorylation of further adaptor and signaling molecules further down a complex signaling cascade. This chain of events involving receptor aggregation, activation and tyrosine phosphorylation of ITAMs, is also vital for the survival and differentiation of B cells through the interaction of lyn and syk with the B cell receptor (BCR).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Recombinant fragment of human Lyn (amino acids 8-238)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P07948 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- LYN Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004715 non-membrane spanning protein tyrosine kinase activity
- GO:0004716 receptor signaling protein tyrosine kinase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005794 Golgi apparatus
- GO:0006468 protein phosphorylation
- GO:0006974 response to DNA damage stimulus
- GO:0008284 positive regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0009725 response to hormone stimulus
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0030218 erythrocyte differentiation
- GO:0031295 T cell costimulation
- GO:0042531 positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of STAT protein
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0045121 membrane raft
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0050900 leukocyte migration
- GO:0051272 positive regulation of cellular component movement
- GO:0070304 positive regulation of stress-activated protein kinase signaling cascade
- For research purposes only
Applications of Lyn antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- MCA2424 detects a band of approximately 53-56kDa in human peripheral blood monocytes.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Lyn antibody
Amoui, M. et al. (1997) Direct interaction of Syk and Lyn protein tyrosine kinases in rat basophilic leukemia cells activated via type I Fc epsilon receptors.
Eur J Immunol. 27 (1): 321-8.
Dráberová, L. et al. (1996) Thy-1-mediated activation of rat mast cells: the role of Thy-1 membrane microdomains.
Immunology. 87 (1): 141-8.
Kovárová, M. et al. (2001) Structure-function analysis of Lyn kinase association with lipid rafts and initiation of early signaling events after Fcepsilon receptor I aggregation.
Mol Cell Biol. 21 (24): 8318-28.