Leptin antibody | 3G7
|Mouse anti Human Leptin antibody, clone 3G7 recognizes human leptin, a 16kDa hormone that plays a key role in homeostasis, in energy intake and expenditure. It is produced by fat cells and the placenta. Leptin is a well known marker for obesity; the amount of leptin in the circulation correlates with the amount of fat tissue. Lack of functional leptin and leptin receptors lead to morbid obesity. However, leptin resistance is present in almost all obese humans, meaning that obesity is not necessarily due to a decrease in leptin, but rather to a decrease in the amount of leptin that reaches and binds to the leptin receptors in the hypothalamus.
Leptin has also been implicated in a number of other processes including immune function, neuroendocrine function, the adaptive response to fasting, blood pressure, bone formation, blood cell development, glucose homeostasis, fatty acid metabolism and reproductive function.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant leptin.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up