Lamin A/C antibody | JOL2
Mutations in the LMNA gene are responsible for a broad spectrum of disorders, termed laminopathies, including Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy and dilated cardiomyopathy.
Mouse anti Human lamin A/C, clone JOL2 has been shown to bind to an epitope between amino acids 464-572.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Xenopus
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Recombinant human lamin A
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2-0/Ag4 myeloma cell line
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005198 structural molecule activity
- GO:0005635 nuclear envelope
- GO:0005638 lamin filament
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0006921 cellular component disassembly involved in apoptosis
- GO:0007517 muscle organ development
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0090343 positive regulation of cell aging
- For research purposes only
Applications of Lamin A/C antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||0.4 ug/ml|
- 1Mouse anti lamin A/C requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Citrate buffer pH 6.2 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human colon
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG1 Negative Control||MCA928||F||100 Tests|
Product Specific References
References for Lamin A/C antibody
Tilgner, K. et al. (2009) Dynamic complexes of A-type lamins and emerin influence adipogenic capacity of the cell via nucleocytoplasmic distribution of beta-catenin.
J Cell Sci. 122: 401-13.
Ivorra, C. et al. (2006) A mechanism of AP-1 suppression through interaction of c-Fos with lamin A/C.
Genes Dev. 20: 307-20.
Navarro, C.L. et al. (2004) Lamin A and ZMPSTE24 (FACE-1) defects cause nuclear disorganization and identify restrictive dermopathy as a lethal neonatal laminopathy.
Hum Mol Genet. 13: 2493-503.
Cummings, M. et al. (2006) XPA versus ERCC1 as chemosensitising agents to cisplatin and mitomycin C in prostate cancer cells: role of ERCC1 in homologous recombination repair.
Biochem Pharmacol. 72: 166-75.
Markiewicz, E. et al. (2006) The inner nuclear membrane protein emerin regulates beta-catenin activity by restricting its accumulation in the nucleus.
EMBO J. 25: 3275-85.
Zhang, Q. et al. (2007) Nesprin-1 and -2 are involved in the pathogenesis of Emery Dreifuss muscular dystrophy and are critical for nuclear envelope integrity.
Hum Mol Genet. 16: 2816-33.
Jean, D. et al. (2008) Cathepsin L expression is up-regulated by hypoxia in human melanoma cells: role of its 5'-untranslated region.
Biochem J. 413: 125-34.
Ndong, Jde. L. et al. (2009) Down-regulation of the expression of RB18A/MED1, a cofactor of transcription, triggers strong tumorigenic phenotype of human melanoma cells.
Int J Cancer. 124: 2597-606.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra