Human anti Ku70
Ku70 antibody recognizes X-ray repair cross-complementing protein 6, also known as CTC75, CTCBF, DNA repair protein XRCC6, or thyroid-lupus autoantigen . The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
- HuCAL Fab bivalent
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Ku70 forms a heterodimer comprising of p70/p86 which acts as regulatory subunit of the DNA-dependent protein kinase complex DNA-PK by increasing the affinity of the catalytic subunit PRKDC to DNA. Research indicates that the Ku p70/p86 dimer is probably involved in stabilizing broken DNA ends and bringing them together (Walker et al. 2001).
Human anti Human Ku70 antibody recognizes human Ku70 as a single band of ~70 kDa in multiple human cell line lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti Ku70 antibody detects a band of approximately 70 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Product Form
- A bivalent human recombinant Fab selected from the HuCAL® GOLD phage display library, expressed in E. coli. This Fab fragment is dimerized via a helix-turn-helix motif. The antibody is tagged with myc-tag (EQKLISEEDL) and a double extended Strep-tag at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This product is supplied as a liquid.
- Recombinant human monoclonal antibody purified by metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Human Ku70 - N1 fusion protein
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P12956 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- XRCC6 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000723 telomere maintenance
- GO:0000783 nuclear telomere cap complex
- GO:0003690 double-stranded DNA binding
- GO:0004003 ATP-dependent DNA helicase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005624 membrane fraction
- GO:0005667 transcription factor complex
- GO:0005958 DNA-dependent protein kinase-DNA ligase 4 complex
- GO:0006266 DNA ligation
- GO:0006303 double-strand break repair via nonhomologous end joining
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0008022 protein C-terminus binding
- GO:0010552 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0010843 promoter binding
- GO:0016481 negative regulation of transcription
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0019047 provirus integration
- GO:0019059 initiation of viral infection
- GO:0043564 Ku70:Ku80 complex
- GO:0051575 5'-deoxyribose-5-phosphate lyase activity
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany. PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Ku70 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.