Mouse anti Human Ku70 antibody, clone 4C2-1A6
recognizes human X-ray repair cross-complementing protein 6 (XRCC6), also known as Ku70, Lupus Ku autoantigen protein p70, CTC box-binding factor 75 kDa subunit or ATP-dependent DNA helicase 2 subunit 1. Ku70 is a 609 amino acid ~70 kDa ATP dependent helicase involved in chromosome translocation (UniProt: P12956
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Recombinant protein corresponding to aa 1 - 610 of human Ku70 conjugated to glutathione S-transferase (GST).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Ig concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from BALB/c mice were fused with cells from the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
nuclear telomere cap complex
double-stranded DNA binding
ATP-dependent DNA helicase activity
transcription factor complex
DNA-dependent protein kinase-DNA ligase 4 complex
double-strand break repair via nonhomologous end joining
protein C-terminus binding
positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
negative regulation of transcription
transcription activator activity
initiation of viral infection
5'-deoxyribose-5-phosphate lyase activity
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Ku70 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human breast cancer.
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti Human Ku70 antibody, clone 4C2-1A6 detects a band of ~70 kDa in western blotting using lysates from either C32 cell lines or XRCC6-transfected 293T cell lines.
Copyright © 2022 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Ku70 antibody
Slupianek, A. et al. (2011) BCR/ABL Stimulates WRN to Promote Survival and Genomic Instability.
Cancer Res. 71: 842-51.
Slavoff, S.A. et al. (2014) A human short open reading frame (sORF)-encoded polypeptide that stimulates DNA end joining.
J Biol Chem. 289 (16): 10950-7.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra