Ku70 antibody | 4C2-1A6
Mouse anti Human Ku70 antibody, clone 4C2-1A6 recognizes human X-ray repair cross-complementing protein 6 (XRCC6), also known as Ku70, Lupus Ku autoantigen protein p70, CTC box-binding factor 75 kDa subunit or ATP-dependent DNA helicase 2 subunit 1. Ku70 is a 609 amino acid ~70 kDa ATP dependent helicase involved in chromosome translocation (UniProt: P12956).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Recombinant protein corresponding to aa 1 - 610 of human Ku70 conjugated to glutathione S-transferase (GST).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Ig concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from BALB/c mice were fused with cells from the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P12956 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- XRCC6 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000723 telomere maintenance
- GO:0000783 nuclear telomere cap complex
- GO:0003690 double-stranded DNA binding
- GO:0004003 ATP-dependent DNA helicase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005624 membrane fraction
- GO:0005667 transcription factor complex
- GO:0005958 DNA-dependent protein kinase-DNA ligase 4 complex
- GO:0006266 DNA ligation
- GO:0006303 double-strand break repair via nonhomologous end joining
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0008022 protein C-terminus binding
- GO:0010552 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0010843 promoter binding
- GO:0016481 negative regulation of transcription
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0019047 provirus integration
- GO:0019059 initiation of viral infection
- GO:0043564 Ku70:Ku80 complex
- GO:0051575 5'-deoxyribose-5-phosphate lyase activity
- For research purposes only
Applications of Ku70 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1||5 ug/ml|
|Western Blotting||1||5 ug/ml|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human breast cancer.
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti Human Ku70 antibody, clone 4C2-1A6 detects a band of ~70 kDa in western blotting using lysates from either C32 cell lines or XRCC6-transfected 293T cell lines.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Ku70 antibody
Slupianek, A. et al. (2011) BCR/ABL Stimulates WRN to Promote Survival and Genomic Instability.
Cancer Res. 71: 842-51.