Kinesin Family Member 2C antibody | CPTC20
The protein encoded by KIF2C gene is a member of kinesin-like protein family. Proteins of this family are microtubule-dependent molecular motors that transport organelles within cells and move chromosomes during cell division. This protein is important for anaphase chromosome segregation and may be required to coordinate the onset of sister centromere separation (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human kinesin family member 2C antibody detects a band of 81 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti kinesin family member 2C detects a band of approximately 81 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant protein of human kinesin family member 2C
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q99661 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- KIF2C Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0007059 chromosome segregation
- GO:0000236 mitotic prometaphase
- GO:0000777 condensed chromosome kinetochore
- GO:0003777 microtubule motor activity
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005871 kinesin complex
- GO:0005874 microtubule
- GO:0019237 centromeric DNA binding
- GO:0007018 microtubule-based movement
- GO:0007019 microtubule depolymerization
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0030951 establishment or maintenance of microtubule cytoskeleton polarity
- GO:0051010 microtubule plus-end binding
- GO:0051301 cell division
- GO:0051983 regulation of chromosome segregation
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Kinesin Family Member 2C antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.