Ki67 antibody | AbD02815
The Ki67 gene contains 15 exons. The Ki67 repeat region, within which there is a 22-amino acid Ki67 motif, is encoded by exon 13. The shorter isoform lacks exon 7. Northern blot analysis revealed multiple transcripts ranging from approximately 8.9 to 12.5 kb in proliferating but not quiescent cells. Immunoblot analysis showed expression of 320 and 359 kDa proteins. Sequence analysis predicted that the short-lived 2,896- and 3,256-amino acid protein isoforms contain potential nuclear targeting signals, over 200 potential phosphorylation sites, 19 N-myristoylation sites, 3 amidation sites, and numerous PEST sites. Antisense oligonucleotides inhibited cellular proliferation in a dose-dependent manner, suggesting that Ki67 protein expression may be an absolute requirement for cell proliferation.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- A bivalent human recombinant Fab selected from the HuCAL® phage display library, expressed in E. coli. This Fab fragment is bivalent by dimerization of the bacterial alkaline phosphatase fusion protein. The antibody is tagged with a DYKDDDDK tag and a HIS-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied liquid.
- metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- Peptide derived from the human Ki67 protein, sequence GFKELFQTPG, coupled via a C-terminal cysteine to carrier proteins
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- P46013 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- MKI67 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0008022 protein C-terminus binding
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes only, unless otherwise specified in writing by Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Ki67 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human tonsil
Understanding the Eukaryotic Cell Cycle - A Biological and Experimental OverviewRead or Download Now