KBNB1 antibody | AB04/1A8
Nucleocytoplasmic transport, a signal- and energy-dependent process, takes place through nuclear pore complexes embedded in the nuclear envelope. The import of proteins containing a nuclear localization signal (NLS) requires the NLS import receptor, a heterodimer of importin alpha and beta subunits also known as karyopherins. Importin alpha binds the NLS-containing cargo in the cytoplasm and importin beta docks the complex at the cytoplasmic side of the nuclear pore complex. In the presence of nucleoside triphosphates and the small GTP binding protein Ran, the complex moves into the nuclear pore complex and the importin subunits dissociate. Importin alpha enters the nucleoplasm with its passenger protein and importin beta remains at the pore. Interactions between importin beta and the FG repeats of nucleoporins are essential in translocation through the pore complex. The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the importin beta family. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene (provided by RefSeq, Feb 2013).
Mouse anti Human KBNB1 antibody detects a band of 97 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti KBNB1 antibody detects a band of approximately 97 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatograpy on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli-derived recombinant human KBNB1 (aa 1-155)
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- Q14974 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- KPNB1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000060 protein import into nucleus, translocation
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005643 nuclear pore
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006309 DNA fragmentation involved in apoptotic nuclear change
- GO:0006607 NLS-bearing substrate import into nucleus
- GO:0008139 nuclear localization sequence binding
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0019058 viral infectious cycle
- GO:0019904 protein domain specific binding
- GO:0046796 viral genome transport in host cell
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of KBNB1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.