Mouse anti JAB1
Mouse anti human JAB1 antibody recognizes the COP9 signalosome complex subunit 5, also known as 38 kDa Mov34 homolog, COP9 constitutive photomorphogenic homolog subunit 5, or signalosome subunit 5. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The protein encoded by the COPS5 gene is one of the eight subunits of COP9 signalosome, a highly conserved protein complex that functions as an important regulator in multiple signaling pathways. The structure and function of COP9 signalosome is similar to that of the 19S regulatory particle of 26S proteasome. COP9 signalosome has been shown to interact with SCF-type E3 ubiquitin ligases and act as a positive regulator of E3 ubiquitin ligases. This protein is reported to be involved in the degradation of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor CDKN1B/p27Kip1. It is also known to be a coactivator that increases the specificity of JUN/AP1 transcription factors (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human JAB1 antibody detects a band of 36 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti JAB1 detects a band of approximately 36 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E.coli-derived recombinant human JAB1
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q92905 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- COPS5 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000338 protein deneddylation
- GO:0003713 transcription coactivator activity
- GO:0003743 translation initiation factor activity
- GO:0008237 metallopeptidase activity
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005852 eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3 complex
- GO:0006366 transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0008180 signalosome
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of JAB1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.