IRF5 antibody | 10T1
The role of IRF3 and IRF7 as transcriptional mediators of virus- and IFN-induced signaling pathways is well documented. Studies have shown that IRF5 can also regulate IFN gene transcription, but appears to be more restricted in its cellular expression and range of viral stimuli, and has the ability to induce a wide range of chemokines involved in T-lymphocyte recruitment, including RANTES, MCP-1 and IP-10 (Barnes et al. 2002).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Histidine-tagged recombinant peptide corresponding to amino acids 176-240 of human IRF5, purified from E. coli.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Q13568 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- IRF5 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006355 regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
- GO:0060333 interferon-gamma-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0060337 type I interferon-mediated signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
Applications of IRF5 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/50|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human Colon
- Western Blotting
- MCA2701 detects a band of approximately 58kDa in THP-1 cell lysates.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for IRF5 antibody
Pabois, A. et al. (2016) Notch signaling mediates crosstalk between endothelial cells and macrophages via Dll4 and IL6 in cardiac microvascular inflammation.
Biochem Pharmacol. 104: 95-107.
Barnes, B.J. et al. (2002) Multiple regulatory domains of IRF-5 control activation, cellular localization, and induction of chemokines that mediate recruitment of T lymphocytes.
Mol Cell Biol. 22 (16): 5721-40.