Involucrin antibody | SY5
Involucrin expression is seen in the normal granular cells of the epidermis associated with the plasma membrane during the early phase of cornified envelope maturation (Ishida-Yamamoto et al. 1996) and expression is increased in psoriatic epidermis with abnormal cornified envelope maturation (Ishida-Yamamoto and Iizuka 1995). Involucrin staining is also maintained, associated with the cornified epidermis in epidermolytic hyperkeratosis, a condition associated with mutations to mutations in genes codong for cytokeratins 1 and 10 (Ishida-Yamamoto et al. 1995).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Pig Monkey Dog Gorilla
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified involucrin from human keratinocytes.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized Balb/c mise were fused with cells from the P3X63Ag8 murine myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001533 cornified envelope
- GO:0030674 protein binding, bridging
- GO:0005198 structural molecule activity
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0010224 response to UV-B
- GO:0018153 isopeptide cross-linking via N6-(L-isoglutamyl)-L-lysine
- GO:0031424 keratinization
- For research purposes only
Applications of Involucrin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- MCF-7 cells. Localized to upper spinous and granular layers in normal skin.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Involucrin antibody
Hudson, D.L. et al. (1992) Characterization of eight monoclonal antibodies to involucrin.
Hybridoma . 3: 367-79.
Ishida-Yamamoto, A. et al. (1997) Involucrin and SPRR Are Synthesized Sequentially in Differentiating Cultured Epidermal Cells.
J Invest Dermatol. 108: 12-6.
Caldelari, R. et al. (2000) Long-term culture of murine epidermal keratinocytes.
J Invest Dermatol. 114: 1064-5.
Ishida-Yamamoto, A. et al. (1996) Immunoelectron microscopic analysis of cornified cell envelope formation in normal and psoriatic epidermis.
J Histochem Cytochem. 44: 167-75.
Janes,S.M. and Watt, F.M. (2004) Switch from alphavbeta5 to alphavbeta6 integrin expression protects squamous cell carcinomas from anoikis.
J Cell Biol. 166: 419-31.
Michael, M. et al. (2014) BPAG1-e restricts keratinocyte migration through control of adhesion stability.
J Invest Dermatol. 134: 773-82.
Hanada, T. et al. (2014) Keratinization induced by air exposure in the reconstructed human epidermal model: An in vitro model of a cultured epithelial autograft
J Biosci Bioeng. pii: S1389-1723(14)00071-1.
Sawant S et al. (2016) Establishment of 3D Co-Culture Models from Different Stages of Human Tongue Tumorigenesis: Utility in Understanding Neoplastic Progression.
PLoS One. 11 (8): e0160615.
Srivastava, S.S. et al. (2018) Keratin 5/14‑mediated cell differentiation and transformation are regulated by TAp63 and Notch‑1 in oral squamous cell carcinoma‑derived cells.
Oncol Rep. Mar 06 [Epub ahead of print].
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra