Mouse anti Human Interleukin-8 antibody, clone NAPII human IL-8 (interleukin-8), a pro-inflammatory CXC chemokine designated CXCL8, secreted by endothelial cells and monocytes, which acts as a major chemoattractant for neutrophils, T cells and basophils.
IL-8, first isolated from osteosarcoma cells, contains the ELR-motif (N-terminal Glu-Leu-Arg amino acid sequence) and signals through the CXCR1 and CXCR2 receptors. Cancer studies have demonstrated a role for IL-8 in the angiogenesis and growth of tumours. Previous nomenclature for IL-8 includes neutrophil activating protein 1(NAP-1), granulocyte chemotactic protein 1 (GCP-1), monocyte-derived neutrophil-activating peptide (MONAP) and protein 3-10C.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Recombinant IL-8.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product is photosensitive and should be protected from light.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of IL-8 antibody
|Flow Cytometry 1
- 1Membrane permeabilisation is required for this application. Bio-Rad recommends the use of Leucoperm™ (Product Code BUF09) for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Negative Isotype Controls Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra