IL-6 antibody | MQ2-13A5
|Rat anti Human interleukin-6 antibody, clone MQ2-13A5 recognizes human interleukin 6, also known as B-cell stimulatory factor 2, CTL differentiation factor, Hybridoma growth factor or Interferon beta-2. Interleukin-6 is a 183 amino acid ~24 kDa cytokine with a wide range of biological activities. a potent inducer of the acute phase response, acts as a lymphoid cell growth factor acting on B cells, T cells and hybridoma cells.
Variations in the interleukin-6 gene modulates susceptibility to onset of juvenile systemic rheumatoid arthritis (RASJ) an inflammatory disorder with early onset and featuring lymphadenopathy, hepatosplenomegaly, serositis, myalgia and arthritis (Fishman et al. 1998).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antibody purified from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Borate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- COS-7-expressed recombinant human IL-6
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed for 12 months from the date of despatch or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Flow Cytometry 1|
|Western Blotting 2||1.0||5.0 ug/ml|
- 1 Membrane permeabilization is required for this application. We recommend the use of Leucoperm (Product Code BUF09) for this purpose.
- 2This antibody detects Human IL-6 under reducing conditions.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
- Clone MQ2-13A5 may be used in an indirect ELISA or as the capture reagent in a sandwich ELISA with biotinylated clone MQ2-39C3 as the detection antibody.
References for IL-6 antibody
Gilbert, M. et al. (2016) Multiplex single molecule counting (SMC™) technology used to generate IL-4, IL-6 and IL-10 reference limits
Analytical Biochemistry. Mar 24 [Epub ahead of print]
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001781 neutrophil apoptosis
- GO:0002384 hepatic immune response
- GO:0002446 neutrophil mediated immunity
- GO:0002548 monocyte chemotaxis
- GO:0002675 positive regulation of acute inflammatory response
- GO:0002690 positive regulation of leukocyte chemotaxis
- GO:0006953 acute-phase response
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005138 interleukin-6 receptor binding
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005896 interleukin-6 receptor complex
- GO:0006959 humoral immune response
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0050830 defense response to Gram-positive bacterium
- GO:0050829 defense response to Gram-negative bacterium
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0010574 regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor production
- GO:0010888 negative regulation of lipid storage
- GO:0045727 positive regulation of translation
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031018 endocrine pancreas development
- GO:0031175 neuron projection development
- GO:0032494 response to peptidoglycan
- GO:0032722 positive regulation of chemokine production
- GO:0032755 positive regulation of interleukin-6 production
- GO:0032966 negative regulation of collagen biosynthetic process
- GO:0033138 positive regulation of peptidyl-serine phosphorylation
- GO:0042102 positive regulation of T cell proliferation
- GO:0042517 positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat3 protein
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0043193 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription
- GO:0043410 positive regulation of MAPKKK cascade
- GO:0045079 negative regulation of chemokine biosynthetic process
- GO:0045599 negative regulation of fat cell differentiation
- GO:0045669 positive regulation of osteoblast differentiation
- GO:0045765 regulation of angiogenesis
- GO:0045768 positive regulation of anti-apoptosis
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0048661 positive regulation of smooth muscle cell proliferation
- GO:0050871 positive regulation of B cell activation
- GO:0051024 positive regulation of immunoglobulin secretion
- GO:0051091 positive regulation of transcription factor activity
- GO:0051384 response to glucocorticoid stimulus
- GO:0051607 defense response to virus
- GO:0070091 glucagon secretion
- GO:0070102 interleukin-6-mediated signaling pathway
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up