IL-27 Alpha antibody | H08-5C8
|Mouse anti Human IL-27α, clone H08-5C8, recognizes IL-27α, a subunit of IL-27. IL-27 is a 62 kDa member of the Il-6/IL-12 family of long type I cytokines. IL-27 is heterodimeric group 2 receptor composed of Epstein-Barr Virus induced gene 3 (EBI3) and IL-27α. EBI3 is a 34 kDa glycoprotein that is related to the p40 subunit of IL-12 and IL-23 and IL-27α is a 28 kDa glycoprotein that is related to the p35 of chain IL-12.
IL-27 has broad range of pro- and anti-inflammatory properties, mediating its effects via its gp130-associated cytokine receptor and JAK/STAT signalling cascades. It can alter T helper cell development, suppress T-cell proliferation, stimulate cytotoxic T-cell activity, induce isotype switching in B-cells and has diverse effects on innate immune cells. In vivo, it is reported to play an important role in immune regulation, as mice with defects in IL-27 or its receptor display enhanced immune responses (Batten & Ghilardi 2007).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- NS0-derived recombinant human IL-27
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Batten, M. & Ghilardi, N. (2007) The biology and therapeutic potential of interleukin 27
J Mol Med (Berl). 85: 661-72.
- IL-27 Alpha
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0042129 regulation of T cell proliferation
- GO:0045078 positive regulation of interferon-gamma biosynthetic process
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- GO:0045523 interleukin-27 receptor binding
- GO:0045625 regulation of T-helper 1 cell differentiation
- GO:0050688 regulation of defense response to virus
- View More GO Terms
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up