Mouse anti Interleukin-1RA
Mouse anti-human IL-1RA antibody recognizes interleukin-1 receptor antagonist protein, also known as IL-1 inhibitor, IL-1RN (IL-1F3) or intracellular IL-1 receptor antagonist type II. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The protein encoded by IL1RN gene is a member of the interleukin 1 cytokine family. This protein inhibits the activities of interleukin 1, alpha (IL1A) and interleukin 1, beta (IL1B), and modulates a variety of interleukin 1 related immune and inflammatory responses. IL1RN and five other closely related cytokine genes form a gene cluster spanning approximately 400 kb on chromosome 2. A polymorphism of IL1RN is reported to be associated with increased risk of osteoporotic fractures and gastric cancer. Four alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been reported (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human interleukin-1RA antibody detects a band of 18 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti interleukin-1RA detects a band of approximately 18 kDa in A431 cell lysate
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli derived recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 26-177 of human interleukin-1RA (IL-1RA)
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P18510 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- IL1RN Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005152 interleukin-1 receptor antagonist activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005813 centrosome
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0051384 response to glucocorticoid stimulus
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-1RA antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.