IL-11 antibody | C01-1C2
Mouse anti Human Interleukin-11
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Human interleukin-11, clone C01-1C2, recognizes human interleukin-11 (IL-11), a 178 amino acid non-glycosylated pleiotropic cytokine, also known as AGIF. IL-11 is a 19 kDa member of the IL-6 of cytokines. It signals through a high affinity receptor complex, made up of the IL-11 receptor alpha chain (IL-11Ralpha) and gp130 which triggers homo- or hetero-dimerization of gp130. Although gp130 and its dimer partners possess no kinase activity, the dimerization of gp130 leads to activation of tyrosine kinases and modulation of transcriptional activity.
IL-11 is an important regulator in the haematopoiesis of erythroid, myeloid and megakaryocyte progenitor cells and is expressed in a variety of tissues including the lung, bone, thymus and connective tissue. Expression of IL-11 in endometrial stromal cells is vital for normal murine embryo development, and implicated in decidualization during human pregnancy. IL-11 is a functionally diverse signalling molecule with roles in megakaryopoiesis (Dams-Kozlowska et al. 2013), bone growth (Sims et al. 2005) and T cell proliferation (Curti et al. 2002).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli derived recombinant protein corresponding to aa 23-125 of human IL-11
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Curti, A. et al. (2002) Interleukin-11 induces proliferation of human T-cells and its activity is associated with downregulation of p27(kip1)
Haematologica 87: 373-80.
Dams-kozlowska, H. et al. (2013) Designer cytokine hyper interleukin 11 (H11) is a megakaryopoietic factor.
Int J Med Sci. 10 (9): 1157-65.
Sims, N.A. et al. (2005) Interleukin-11 receptor signaling is required for normal bone remodeling
Journal of Bone and Mineral Research 20: 1093–102.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005142 interleukin-11 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0008284 positive regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0030183 B cell differentiation
- GO:0030219 megakaryocyte differentiation
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0033138 positive regulation of peptidyl-serine phosphorylation
- GO:0043410 positive regulation of MAPKKK cascade
- GO:0045444 fat cell differentiation
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0046888 negative regulation of hormone secretion
- GO:0050731 positive regulation of peptidyl-tyrosine phosphorylation
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up