The immunoglobulin heavy chain has been produced by the linking of the antigen-binding, variable region genes of a mouse hybridoma to human constant region genes by in vitro DNA recombination procedures. The resulting chimaeric antibody is subsequently expressed by the myeloma cell-line J558L after transfection. (The J558L cell-line self secretes a lambda light chain but no heavy chain). Thus a chimaeric human IgM antibody specific for NP has been produced.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Tissue Culture Supernatant - liquid
- Tissue Culture Supernatant containing 0.2M Tris/HCl pH7.4 and 5-10% foetal calf serum
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Hapten, 4-hydroxy-3-nitrophenylacetyl (NP).
- Fusion Partners
- Plasmids containing chimaeric heavy chain gene were fused with cells of the J558L mouse myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of IgM anti NP antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for IgM anti NP antibody
Neuberger, M.S. et al. (1984) Recombinant antibodies possessing novel effector functions.
Nature 312: 604-608.
Neuberger, M.S. (1985) Making Novel Antibodies by expressing transfected immunoglobulin genes.
Neuberger, M.S. et al. (1985) A hapten-specific chimaeric IgE antibody with Human physiological effector function.
Nature 314: 268-270.
Neuberger, M.S., Williams, G.T. (1986) Construction of novel antibodies by use of DNA transfection: design of plasmid vectors.
Philos. Trans. R. Soc. Lond. Ser. A: Hath. Phys. Sci. 317: 425-432.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra