Mouse anti Human IgG1 (Fc) antibody, clone 8c/6-39 recognizes an epitope within the CH2 domain of the Fc region in Human IgG1. It is negative on IgG2, IgG3, IgG4, free kappa or free lambda, IgM, IgA1 (lambda), IgA2 (kappa) and IgD.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified Human IgG1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the SP2/0 AG14 mouse myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of IgG1 antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen 1
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
- 1The epitope recognised by this antibody is reported to be sensitive to formaldehyde fixation and tissue processing. Bio-Rad recommends the use of acetone fixation for frozen sections.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for IgG1 antibody
Jefferis, R. et al. (1985) Evaluation of monoclonal antibodies having specificity for human IgG sub-classes: results of an IUIS/WHO collaborative study.
Immunol Lett. 10 (3-4): 223-52.
Hussain, R. et al. (1986) Use of monoclonal antibodies to quantify subclasses of human IgG. I. Development of two-site immunoenzymometric assays for total IgG subclass determinations.
J Immunol Methods. 93 (1): 89-96.
Jefferis, R. & Kumararatne, D.S. (1990) Selective IgG subclass deficiency: quantification and clinical relevance.
Clin Exp Immunol. 81 (3): 357-67.
Mutapi, F. et al. (2002) The effect of treatment on the age-antibody relationship in children infected with Schistosoma mansoni and Schistosoma haematobium.
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 97 Suppl 1: 173-80.
Ranaivoson, F.M. et al. (2019) A Proteomic Screen of Neuronal Cell-Surface Molecules Reveals IgLONs as Structurally Conserved Interaction Modules at the Synapse.
Structure. 27 (6): 893-906.e9.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra